Digital X-Rays in Little Elm, TX
At Whitetree Dental, we emphasize the importance of preventive services to keep your family’s teeth healthy. An essential part of effective preventive treatment is our ability to diagnose problems in their earliest stages. We do this by using state-of-the-art technology like digital x-rays.
Our Little Elm, TX dental office is equipped with a digital imaging system that minimizes your exposure to radiation and maximizes our doctors’ ability to detect developing problems deep within your teeth.
Recent advances in dental technology have reduced radiation levels emitted by routine film x-rays, but we have chosen digital x-rays to protect our patients further. The amount of radiation received during a digital x-ray is minimal compared to other sources of radiation in your everyday life. For instance, a dental digital x-ray exposes you to about half the radiation you would receive during a two-hour flight!
Diagnosis and Prevention Go Hand in Hand
Dr. Shin and Dr. Kim have your best interests in mind, now and for the long term. By identifying problems when they are small and easy to fix, we can help you avoid the discomfort and cost associated with more complex treatment in the future. And when we can do this and ensure your safety with a technology like digital x-rays, we can develop a safe, comprehensive plan to help you achieve full oral health!
Reasons to Choose Digital X-Rays
There are many reasons why we have chosen to invest in digital x-ray technology:
- Your family’s safety is paramount, and we use digital x-rays because they expose you to up to 80% less radiation than traditional film x-rays.
- State-of-the-art digital x-ray technology produces highly detailed images that allow us to detect and easily treat decay before it damages your oral health.
- Tools built into the software improve the analysis of the image, which isn’t possible with traditional x-rays. You get more information with less radiation.
- Digital x-ray images can be shared with you on our chairside monitors, involving you in the process and making it easy for our doctors to show you exactly what the problem is and why treatment is necessary.
- Digital x-rays don't require storage space or chemicals to develop, making them safer for the environment.
- Digital x-rays can be stored in your patient file making them readily available in the future. We can also send your x-rays securely online to your insurance company or specialist as needed.
Please Call to Arrange Your Next Exam
At Whitetree Dental, we see an investment in technology as an investment in you and your optimal health. You can always expect the highest standard of dental care from a team you trust to understand your needs and safeguard your oral health.
If it’s time for your next dental exam, please call our Little Elm, TX dental office! We would love to show you how easily we can help you achieve great oral health by combining our skill and experience with state-of-the-art technology.
We look forward to getting to know you and your family!